Writer Wednesday- My Last Three Search Results

Today is Writer Wednesday and we’re discussing internet searches.

What were your last three internet searches? Maximus would like to know…

maximus1

With all the online tracking ongoing, I simply have to ask Yahoo and Facebook where I’ve been. I can never be lost again. 🙂

As a result, I decided to test the theory that those cyber hiccups that give me more options in the ad side margins of my email or Facebook page for the vitamins, shoes or modem that I searched the internet for would be different if I researched for my current work-in-progress.

Off to Italy I went via the internet. I found the perfect site and instead of leaving to hop around searching for several more, I stayed. And stayed….

This site is Italy Guides.it – A Sightseeing Revolution

I spent time on the Home page devouring photos of various regions in Italy. Next, I went on the hunt for specific items –Fountain of Four Rivers in Rome, a tortoise fountain in Rome and the Ponte Vecchio [Old Bridge] in Florence, Italy.

Each section gives the history of the town, a 360 degree view and various photos. They even have a walking tour, the current weather and tidbits of information. I loved the details that will help me set scenes with characters who speak Italian, visit Italy and love the cultural and people.

I feel as if I’ve had a nice visit. Now, if the  *aromas* drifted from the site, I’d be the perfect armchair traveler as I write–calorie free, too. My bucket list has acquired a few more cities…In Italy, of course.

And for the curious, there were no travel ads, Italian ads or anything else about my web search on Italy… darn, I thought at least a few would give me more research information. 🙂

Share your last three searches with me in the comment section below. I want to see the variety of topics before you take a moment to check out these authors who shared their last three searches:

Historical romance writers –  Wendy LaCapra | Sweet and Inspirational writers –  Kristen Ethridge | Novels with Romantic Elements – Jean Willett – Natalie Meg Evans | Romantic Suspense – Carol Post – Sharon Wray | Paranormal writers – Kay Hudson – Pamela Kopfler | Contemporary romance writers –  Kat Cantrell  – Priscilla Kissinger

We have new releases this week!!

The Doctor’s Unexpected Family by Kristen Ethridge.  Ethridge

A Port Provident novel that shows us that grace can find us anywhere.

RITA Finalist, Natalie Meg Evans, has a new release, The Milliner’s Secret An epic and heart-wrenching love story set in wartime Paris.Milliner's+Secret

Comments (13)

1. Carol J. Post

Great post, Jean. Researching Italy sounds wonderful! My son-in-law (Navy) was stationed there for awhile before he met my daughter. He’s hoping to take her there next year. We’re hoping to join them.

2. Kay Hudson

What fun! That site sounds like the next best thing to a trip to Italy. Hope you get to make the trip for real soon.

3. Pamela Kopfler

I thought surely you’d have ads from travel services. Guess we can’t game the system. Great post.

4. Jacqui Nelson

Surfing the internet with anything Italy related is a great idea in my mind, Jean! My only recent search that was interesting was: http://www.castlerockhistoricalsociety.org/

5. natmegevans

Sounds like your bucket list involves a long trip to Europe. Italy in September and October is fabulous, so why not get it in your 2016 diary? I wanted to interrogate my computer for my last searches, but couldn’t find where, so interrogated my brain instead. I think it threw up the more interesting stuff.

6. Heather Ashby

Great post, Jean and super congrats to Kristen and Natalie on their new releases. (Great to see you both in NYC last week. We missed you, Jean Willett.) It’s Read-A-Romance-Month and a bunch of my colleagues have been included this year so these are my 3 latest searches?

Write on, Jean! Hugs.

7. tamrabaumann

Great post, Jean! Italy is one of my favorite places in the world! You can not get a bad meal there, even from street vendors. Don’t even get me started on the gelato! Ciao Baby!

8. wendylacapra

What a lovely post, Jean! How fabulous to take a trip without leaving your desk 🙂 I’m bookmarking those sites!

1. Jean Willett (Post author)

If only the pastries and meals could be delivered to my desk…yum!! One day, I’ll have to leave my desk and wander abroad. 🙂

9. Sharon Wray

Loved your post, Jean! I am going to Italy in September and haven’t had much time yet to investigate and read up on my history. So I really appreciate all the links you provided.
    And isn’t always the way with those stupid pop up ads? When you’re searching for Italy, no ads show up. But when you’re searching for zombie nerf weapons for your son’s birthday, those ads show up everywhere! 🙂

1. Jean Willett (Post author)

I want to hear all about your trip. Pictures, too! The more sounds, aromas and textures you can share, the better. I can’t wait to go back. I was born in Naples and left as very young. 🙂

10. prisakiss

I haven’t been to Italy, Jean, but your sites definitely made me wish I was booking a trip there today! Let’s forget about saving calories and go eat and stroll our way through Italy together!!! 🙂

I, too, am sometimes unnerved by the way my computer knows what I’ve been searching for and what sites I’ve visited– days later! A little stalker-ish if you ask me.

1. Jean Willett (Post author)

I’m in for a girl trip!! Italy is waiting and we’d have fun 🙂

Share your thoughts....